By April 24, 2012Published:
- Yield: 12 Servings
- 5 eggs separated
- 1 c. sugar
- 3 T. brandy
- 1 lb. mascarpone cheese
- 2 T. coffee liqueur
- 1 c. espresso chilled
- 1 T. cocoa powder
- 1 (14 oz.) pkg. ladyfingers
- Using an electric mixer, beat the yolks, sugar, and 1 tablespoon of the brandy until sugar dissolves. Beat in the mascarpone cheese, until smooth, refrigerate until ready to use.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Gently fold the whites into the mascarpone mixture. Add the coffee liqueur and the remaining 2 tablespoon of brandy to the espresso.
- Spread 1/3 of the mascarpone mixture in the bottom of a 9" x 13" glass baking dish and dust lightly with cocoa powder.
- Next, generously brush the ladyfingers with espresso and lay enough of them side by side to cover the mascarpone and cocoa. Repeat with a second layer of 1/3 of the mascarpone, a dusting of cocoa, and more ladyfingers.
- Top with the remaining 1/3 of the mascarpone and dust with the remaining cocoa. Cover dish with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for a minimum of 12 hours.