Tres Leches Cake
“Three Milks Cake” recipe by Laura Walt-Beckner ~ French vanilla cake soaked in three milks, topped with whipped cream, shaved chocolate and maraschino cherries…YUM!!
- 1 box French vanilla cake mix
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- Cool Whip topping
- Shaved chocolate or shredded coconut for decoration, optional
- CAKE: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cake mix according to directions, plus 1 teaspoon of baking soda. Bake as directed in a 9×13-inch glass dish, set aside.
- THREE MILKS: In a large bowl, whisk together the three milks, set aside. While cake is still warm, poke with a fork a “million” times (an exaggeration). Pour milks over cake, bathing it well. Refrigerate overnight.
- TOPPING: The next day frost with Cool Whip and decorate with shaved chocolate or shredded coconut, optional.
Print recipe here : Tres Leches Cake