Bacon & Onion Dinner Rolls
Recipe by my niece Darion Packard – These rolls are fantastic and always on our Thanksgiving table!
- 2 lbs. thick cut bacon
- 1 lg. red onion, chopped
- 32 Rhodes frozen dinner rolls
- Thaw the dinner rolls according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, using scissors cut the bacon into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a large skillet, fry the bacon over medium heat until almost crisp. Add the chopped onion and continue to cook until onions are tender and translucent.
- Remove bacon and onions to a plate lined with paper towels to drain off excess grease.
- Flatten a roll with the palm of your hand. Top with a heaping tablespoon of the bacon and onion mixture. Fold the edges of the dough over the filling and pinch shut.
- Place the roll seam side down onto a greased baking sheet; continue with remaining rolls.
- Loosely cover the rolls with plastic wrap coated with cooking spray. Let rise in a warm place for 20-30 minutes.
- Bake rolls at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Print recipe here: Bacon & Onion Dinner Rolls