Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup
This creamy yet light soup is bursting with amazing flavors! Perfect as an appetizer or small meal. Serve with crusty French bread to soak up every delicious drop!
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 T. butter
- 1 sm. yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lg. clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 (15 oz.) can 100% pure pumpkin
- 3 c. chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 c. coconut milk
- Dried pumpkin seeds
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Fresh chopped chives
- Bacon bits
- Lime wedges
- Sour cream
- In a large pot, heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add onions; sauté until soft and translucent about 4-5 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, curry, salt, white pepper and cayenne pepper if using; sauté about 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in pumpkin and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes. Stir in coconut milk until melted and well combined.
- Remove soup from heat. Using an immersion blender, puree soup in the pot until smooth OR transfer to a traditional blender and puree in batches until smooth and return to the pot.
- Ladle warm soup into bowls and garnish with your choice of toppings. Serves 6
Print recipe here: Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup