Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
Recipe by Grandma Gertie Evens – Also lovingly known as “Sticky Buns,” this recipe has been passed down 6 generations and is very special to our family, Enjoy!!
- 3 pkg. dry active yeast
- 1/2 c. warm water
- 2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. butter, softened, plus 1/2 c. for kneading & spreading over dough
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 3 T. cinnamon
CARAMEL PECAN TOPPING:
- 1/2 c. butter, melted, divided
- 1 1/3 c. brown sugar, divided
- 1 c. light corn syrup, divided
- 2 c. pecans, chopped, divided
- CINNAMON ROLLS: In a small bowl dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, over low heat, combine milk, ½ cup butter, sugar, and salt. Heat until butter has melted, stirring occasionally; do not bring to a boil. Remove from heat, pour into a large mixing bowl, and beat in eggs and yeast mixture. Gradually add 3 cups of flour, until combined. Slowly add 3 more cups of flour, and mix well.
- Turn dough onto a buttered surface. Knead the dough with buttered hands, do NOT use more flour, and butter hands frequently. Put the dough into a large buttered bowl, cover it with a dish towel, and let it rise until the dough has doubled in size.
- CINNAMON SUGAR: In a small bowl stir together sugar and cinnamon, and set aside.
- CARAMEL PECAN TOPPING: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare in two 9 x 13-inch glass baking dishes. Place 1/4 cup butter in each baking dish. Heat in the oven until melted, watch closely, making sure not to burn the butter, and remove it from the oven. Stir in 2/3 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup corn syrup in each baking dish, and spread it evenly to cover the bottom of the baking dishes. Sprinkle 1 cup of chopped pecans over each dish, and set aside.
- When the dough has risen, butter a large flat surface and roll out the dough 1/4 – 1/2-inch thick. Butter the dough and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, roll into a log and slice it into 24 1-inch pieces. Arrange 12 rolls in each dish over caramel and pecans, cover with a towel again and let rise.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven, let stand for 3-5 minutes, then carefully invert the dish onto a sheet of foil. Let rolls cool completely, then cover with foil. Yields 24 rolls
Print recipe here: Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls