Slow-cooked beef or pork served with warmed tortillas or over a bed of steamed white rice. Me gusta mucho!!
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp. salt plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper plus more for seasoning
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 sm. red onion finely diced
- 3 (4 oz.) cans diced green chilies
- 1/4 c. cooked bacon crumbled
- 1 c. tomato puree
- 1 T. salt-free Mexican seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 c. low-sodium beef stock
- 1 scallion sliced
- Corn or flour tortillas warmed
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over high heat, season stew meat with a little salt and pepper. Sear meat on all sides. Place in a 4-quart slow cooker. Add onions, green chilies, and bacon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together tomato puree, Mexican seasoning, chili powder, salt and pepper and beef stock. Pour into slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH setting for 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve chili in bowls garnished with scallions, with warm corn or flour tortillas on the side.