Recipe by Darlene Hillis-Whitney - This salad is so good, it's become a Thanksgiving tradition in our family!!
- 1 (16 oz.) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple drained and squeezed
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 pint Whipping cream whipped
- 1/2 bag small marshmallows
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together cranberry sauce, pineapple and sugar, refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, just before serving, whip the whipping cream.
- Fold the whipped cream, marshmallows and nuts into the cranberry mixture.
- Pour into a pretty bowl and serve.