Crock Pot Baked Apples
Everything you love about homemade apple crisp and pie without the crust and the fuss!
- 5-7 Gala apples
- 1/2 c. old fashioned oats
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter divided
- Wash and dry the apples. Carefully cut the tops off and core with a sharp knife. Using the edge of the knife, peel off a 1/2-inch around the top of the apples.
- In a small bowl, mix together oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and allspice. Fill each apple with oat mixture and carefully place them into the Crock Pot. Top each apple with a pat of butter.
- Pour 1/4 cup of water around the apples into the bottom of the Crockpot.
- Cover with lid and cook on HIGH 3-4 hours, or until done. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, drizzled with caramel sauce, if desired.