Crock Pot Low Country Boil
A flavorful slow cooked version of a Cajun seafood boil, with smoked sausage, shrimp, potatoes and corn!
- 5 c. water
- 1 (12 oz) bottle beer or chicken broth
- 1/4 c. Old Bay seasoning
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 lbs. baby red potatoes
- 1 med. onion cut into quarters
- 2 stalks celery cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 lemons cut in half
- 1 lb. cooked kielbasa sausage cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cobs corn cut into 3-inch chunks
- 2 lbs. uncooked Jumbo shrimp tails on, fresh or frozen, thawed
- Spray the inside of a 6 or 7 quart Crock Pot with non-stick cooking spray. Add water, beer or broth, Old Bay Seasoning, and garlic. Stir to combined.
- Add potatoes, onion and celery to the Crock Pot. Squeeze lemons over all, and place the lemon halves into the Crock Pot. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-5 hours.
- Remove lid; add sausage and corn, cover and cook for 2 hours.
- Increase heat to HIGH and stir shrimp in. Cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Using a large strainer, drain the Low Country Boil. Serve this meal on a newspaper covered table for easy clean up. Enjoy with melted butter, cocktail sauce, fresh lemons and Cajun seasoning, if desired.