Elvis Peanut Butter Banana Bread with Bacon
The “King” of Banana Bread, you “Can’t Help Falling in Love” with this delicious bread!
Servings: 1 loaf
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter melted
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 lg. egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. peanut butter chips
- 6 slices bacon cooked, chopped, divided
- PEANUT BUTTER GLAZE:
- 1/2 c. peanut butter melted
- 1 T. confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat together butter, sugar, egg and egg yolk, peanut butter, sour cream and vanilla. Add mashed bananas, beat until combined.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, beat until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and most of the bacon (reserve some for topping) transfer to prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool 10 minutes in pan, then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- PEANUT BUTTER GLAZE: Whisk together melted peanut butter and confectioners’ sugar. Drizzle over cooled banana bread and sprinkle with remaining bacon bits.