Grilled Salmon with Wild Blackberry Sauce
Two Northwest favorites come together to create one fantastic dish! Our blackberry sauce can be served with any fish!
- Grilled Salmon :
- 5 T. butter
- 3 T. fresh lemon juice
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 1/2 lb. salmon fillet
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Wild Blackberry Sauce :
- 2 T. olive oil
- 4 shallots minced
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 2 1/2 c. fresh wild blackberries cleaned
- 1/3 c. raspberry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 3 T. cream de cassis or chambord
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Wild Blackberry Sauce: In a medium saucepan, over medium, heat oil and sauté shallots until lightly brown. Stir in remaining ingredients, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 12-15 minutes or until sauce is thick but still chunky. Salt and pepper to taste. Makes 2 cups.
- Preheat grill to medium. In a small pan, over low, heat butter, lemon juice, sugar and pepper flakes until butter has melted. Rinse fish and pat dry. Cut salmon into 6 portions. Place on oiled grill. Brush salmon fillets with butter mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill salmon 3-inches from heat for 4 minutes, brush again with butter mixture. Grill 5 minutes more or until fish flakes when tested with a fork. To serve, remove salmon fillets to heated individual plates and spoon warm blackberry sauce over cooked fillets