Mamas Candied Yams
These yummy yams were always on our Thanksgiving table when I was growing up!
- 3 med. yams or sweet potatoes
- 1 c. pineapple tidbits
- 1/4 c. butter cut into pieces
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 c. miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and pat dry the yams. Cut the ends off and microwave each yam (one at time) for 7 minutes. Carefully remove from the microwave and set aside to cool.
- Peel off the skins and cut into large cubes. Place the cubed yams into a medium baking dish.
- Scatter pineapple tidbits and butter pieces evenly over the yams. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Layer with miniature marshmallows.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until yams are tender and marshmallows have melted.