Peaches & Cream Bars
Sweet peaches covered in rich cream with a crumbly topping. A cross between peach cobbler and cheesecake!
- 1 (18.25 oz.) box cake mix white, yellow or French vanilla
- 1/3 c. butter room temperature
- 2 lg. eggs divided
- 4-5 lg. peaches or nectarines peeled and diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese room temperature
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, butter and 1 egg; mix with fork just until crumbly. Set aside 1 ½ c. crumbs for topping.
- Press the remaining crumbs on bottom of prepared pan; Bake for 10 minutes.
- Peel peaches and dice into 1-inch pieces; Spoon onto partially-baked crust.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg and vanilla extract; beat with mixer until creamy. Dollop and spread over top of peaches.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs; Bake 30 minutes.
- Chill for 4 hours before serving; Store leftovers in refrigerator.
- Cook's Note: You can substitute 1 (29 oz.) can sliced peaches, drained and cut into 1-inch pieces for fresh peaches.