Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
This cake melts in your mouth! The perfect cake for the peanut butter lover in your family. Serve with a tall glass of milk.
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 1 c. butter room temperature
- 1 c. water
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 lg. eggs lightly beaten
- FROSTING :
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 1/2 c. butter room temperature
- 6 tsp. milk
- 1 lb. confectioner's sugar
- chopped salted peanuts optional
- CAKE: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease and lightly flour a 10×15×1-inch jelly roll pan or baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- Combine peanut butter, butter and water in saucepan, bring to a boil, remove from heat. Pour over flour mixture, beat to combine. Add milk, vanilla and eggs, mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cake tests done with a toothpick. Cool on a wire rack, in the pan.
- FROSTING: Bring peanut butter, butter and milk to boil in a saucepan, stirring constantly, remove from heat. Add one pound of confectioners' sugar, mix well. Pour warmed frosting over cooled cake. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts if desired. Serve from pan.