Savory Crock Pot Stuffing
Hosting a big Thanksgiving dinner this year? Add this simple stuffing to your menu to ease entertaining. Serve right from the Crock Pot, a great way to free up space in the oven too!
- 12 c. dried bread cubes
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 T. Fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 c. chicken broth or stock
- 2 eggs beaten
- Place dried bread cubes into a very large bowl; set aside.
- Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, drain off excess grease and pour cooked sausage over bread cubes.
- Melt butter in the same pan. Sauté onions, celery, mushrooms, and garlic, until onions are translucent and vegetables are softened. Pour vegetables into the bowl with bread cubes and cooked sausage.
- Top with fresh parsley, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Add chicken broth and beaten eggs; stir to combine. Pour stuffing into a 6-7 quart Crock Pot.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours.
- Cook's Note: I purchased 2 loaves of French bread, cut them into bite-sized pieces, and baked them on two rimmed baking sheets at 300 degrees for 30 minutes, turning every ten minutes. Allow to cool completely before making stuffing.