All Occasion Cut-Out Cookies
A wonderful sugar cookie recipe by Shelli Burton-Olin - Fun for the whole family, simply frost and decorate!!
Servings: 48 (2 1/2-inch) cookies
- 1/2 c. butter or margarine
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2-3 T. milk
- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 to 2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- In a medium bowl, beat together butter or margarine, sugar, egg, milk and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add flour, baking powder and salt, beating until blended. Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Wrap and refrigerate until firm, 1 hour or longer. Prior to baking allow dough to stand at room temperature until soft enough to roll easily.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough ¼ inch thick. With lightly floured cookie cutters, cut into desired shapes, place 1 inch apart on an un-greased baking sheets.
- Bake 7-10 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove cookies from baking sheet, cool on racks. Frost and decorate as desired.