Grilled teriyaki burgers topped with sweet pineapple, sautéed onions, Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato and crispy bacon...He `ono!
- 1 (8 oz.) can pineapple slices drain and reserve juice
- 3/4 c. Yoshida teriyaki sauce
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lg. sweet onion sliced
- 1 T. butter or margarine
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 onion or sesame seed buns split and toasted
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 strips bacon cooked
- Drain pineapple juice into a small bowl and add teriyaki sauce. Pour 3 tablespoons of teriyaki marinade into a re-sealable plastic bag. Add pineapple slices, toss to coat and set aside.
- Pour the remaining teriyaki marinade into a saucepan over low heat.
- Preheat grill. Shape beef into four patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat OR broil burgers for 6 to 9 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Baste with marinade.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, sauté onion in butter until tender, about 5 minutes, set aside.
- Place pineapple on grill OR under broiler to heat through. Toast hamburger buns.
- Layer lettuce and onion on bottom of buns. Top with burgers, cheese, pineapple and bacon. Replace tops; serve immediately with a side of marinade.