Ambrosia Fruit Salad
My Mama's famous "Fruit Cocktail Salad!"
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can mandarin oranges drained
- 1 (10 oz.) jar maraschino cherries drained, rinsed & pat dry
- 1 c. green seedless grapes sliced in half
- 1 lg. red apple cut into chunks
- 1 heaping c. miniature marshmallows
- 1 c. packed sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (8 oz.) cont. Cool Whip thawed
- 1 (6 oz.) cont. vanilla bean yogurt
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple, mandarin oranges, cherries, grapes, apples, marshmallows and coconut.
- In a separate bowl, fold together Cool Whip and vanilla yogurt. Pour over fruit and gently fold until well combined.
- Cover and chill for 2 to 4 hours before serving.
Cook's Note: I sprinkled some lemon juice over the apples to prevent browning before adding to the salad.