Follow the instructions for baking the bread here: Amish Friendship Bread
Amish Friendship Bread Starter
A delicious sweet bread that bonds friends by sharing countless loaves of bread that all began from the same bowl of simple ingredients. Choose a few friends to start this wonderful tradition, they'll thank you for it!
- 1 (1/4 oz.) pkg. active dry yeast
- 1/4 c. warm water (110° degrees)
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. warm milk (110° degrees)
- This is the Amish Friendship Bread Starter recipe that you will need to make Amish Friendship Bread. Do NOT use any type of metal utensils or bowls for mixing, it will interfere with the fermentation process.
- In a glass or plastic measuring cup, dissolve yeast in warm water for about 10 minutes. Pour yeast mixture, 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk into a 1 gallon re-seal-able plastic bag. Seal and knead mixture until well combined. This is Day 1 of the Amish Friendship Bread instructions.