Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
Fluffy apple cinnamon pancakes topped with caramelized apples, Yum!
Servings: 10 pancakes
- 1 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 T. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 T. butter melted
- 1 lg. egg separated
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 c. milk
- 4-5 lg. apples peeled and diced, divided
- APPLE TOPPING:
- 2 T. butter
- 1/2 c. light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 c. water
- Butter for cooking
- PANCAKES: In a medium bowl, whisk together baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, sugar, and salt.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolk, milk, and melted butter. Gently fold dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in 1 1/2 cups of the diced apple.
- In a separate bowl, using a hand mixer, beat egg white until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg white into the batter with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- APPLE TOPPING: In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add remaining apples, brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 c. water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until apples have softened, and the syrup has thickened a bit, about 5-8 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Pour 1/4 cup pancake batter into the pan. When little bubbles appear, about 1-2 minutes, flip and continue cooking until both sides are lightly golden. Repeat with remaining batter, adding more butter to the pan as needed.
- Serve pancakes topped with apple mixture and enjoy!