Warm apple slices covered with a sweet, crunchy topping. Serve with a BIG scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- 6 med. granny smith apples peeled, cored & sliced
- 3/4 c. brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. quick-cooking or old fashioned oats
- 1/3 c. butter or margarine softened
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking dish. Spread prepared apples in the prepared dish.
- In a medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients until well mixed, sprinkle over apples.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or dollop of whipped cream, if desired.