Apple slices rolled in crescent dough, covered in butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and 7 Up for the easiest, tastiest apple dumplings you’ll ever have!
Servings: 16 dumplings
- 2 (12 oz. big cans) crescent rolls
- 3/4 c. butter
- 1 c. brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 c. 7 Up or lemon-lime soda
- 2 lg. granny smith apples peeled & cored
- Preheat the oven at 350. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Peel and core apples, then cut each apple into 8 slices. Starting at the wide end, roll each apple slice in a crescent roll and place in the prepared baking dish. (I place 6 on each side and 4 down the middle.)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Once thickened, remove from heat and pour evenly over the dumplings.
- Pour the soda down the middle and along the edges of the baking dish (not over the rolls).
- Bake the dumplings for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm topped with vanilla ice cream.
Cook’s Note: Two Apples make 16 dumplings.