Nothin’ better than fresh picked apricots topped with brown sugar, cinnamon, rolled oats, golden raisins and pecans. Serve warm with vanilla bean ice cream for an awesome summertime treat!
- FILLING :
- 5 c. (about 15) fresh apricots pitted & quartered
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. dark brown sugar packed
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 c. rolled oats
- 1/3 c. golden raisins
- 1/3 c. chopped pecans
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter melted & cooled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- FILLING: In a large bowl, gently toss together apricots, lemon juice, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg until the apricots are evenly coated with the sugar-spice mixture. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- CRUMBLE: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Stir in rolled oats, raisins, and pecans. Stir in melted butter until the oat mixture begins to clump together. Sprinkle topping over apricots.
- Bake until the filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown, about 40 minutes. Cool at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve warm with vanilla bean ice cream!
Apricots tend to be tart, so if you like a sweeter filling add 1/4 cup more granulated sugar.