Recipe by Leanne Turcotte-Smith ~ Butterflied shrimp topped with Asiago cheese, cream cheese, jalapeno pepper, and Italian bread crumbs...Simply A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!
- 24 jumbo shrimp peeled, de-veined and butterfly
- 5 oz. Asiago cheese shredded
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 T. finely chop jalapeño pepper seeds & membranes removed
- Italian seasoned bread crumbs for sprinkling
- Peel and de-vein shrimp. Wash the shrimp and pat them dry. Butterfly shrimp by cutting lengthwise along the back - don’t cut all the way through, leaving the tail section intact. (You can have your fish monger do this for you)
- In a medium bowl, mix the Asiago cheese, cream cheese and jalapeño pepper together with a fork.
- Place the shrimp on a foil lined broiler pan, with butterfly side down and tail standing up. Fill the top section of each shrimp with about 1/2 teaspoon cheese mixture. Sprinkle the tops with bread crumbs.
- Broil until the shrimp turns pink, and the cheese is light and golden brown, about 4-6 minutes.