Asian Chicken Salad
Recipe by Rochelle McNutt - Great salad to take along on a picnic!!
- 2 c. cooked chicken diced
- 2 T. sesame seeds
- 1/2 c. slivered almonds toasted
- 1/2 head cabbage shredded
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 pkg. chicken flavored ramen noodles dry and crumbled
- DRESSING :
- 1 packet chicken flavored seasoning from ramen noodles
- 2 T. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 3 T. rice vinegar
- Salad: In large bowl, toss all ingredients together, set aside.
- Dressing: Whisk all ingredients together, until dissolved. Pour over salad, but DO NOT TOSS, let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature. Toss and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- Cook's Note: This salad is great for picnics because it doesn’t contain mayonnaise and can sit out for a longer period of time.