A smokehouse almond, stuffed into a sweet date, wrapped in bacon, then broiled to perfection!
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. pitted dates
- 4 oz. smokehouse almonds
- 1 lb. thin sliced bacon cut into thirds
- Toothpicks for wrapping
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Slit the dates. Place one almond inside each date.
- Cut each strip of bacon into thirds. Wrap the filled dates with bacon, using toothpicks to hold them together. Place on a broiler pan.
- Broil 5-6 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven. Remove the toothpicks, turn the bacon wrapped dates over and broil another 5-6 minutes, or until bacon is evenly brown and crisp, watch carefully. Reinsert the toothpicks for serving.
- Cook's Note: It's important to cook on a broiler pan, so that grease drains off while cooking.