Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies with Maple Glaze
Everything's better with bacon, especially our chocolate chip cookies!!
Servings: 3 dozen cookies
- 2 c. plus 2 T. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 c. brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 lg. egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 lb. chopped bacon cooked crisp and drained on paper towels
- MAPLE GLAZE:
- 1 c. confectioner's sugar
- 1 T. milk
- 2 T. pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven 325 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- COOKIES: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt, set aside. With an electric mixer, cream together butter, brown and granulated sugar, until well combined. Beat in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until light and creamy. Slowly add dry ingredients; beat at low speed just until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips and 3/4 cup of the bacon bits.
- Roll 1 rounded tablespoon of cookie dough into a ball. Place 8 dough balls onto a prepared cookie sheet, leaving ample room between each ball. Lightly press down each ball with your fingers.
- Bake on the middle rack for 12-14 minutes, until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden and the centers are still soft and puffy. Do not over-bake! Remove parchment paper with cookies onto the counter to cool. Repeat until all cookies are baked.
- MAPLE GLAZE: In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners' sugar, milk and maple syrup. Add more maple syrup as needed, until the glaze is a thick drizzling consistency. Brush or drizzle over cooled cookies and sprinkle with remaining bacon bits. Makes about 3 dozen cookies