Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon
Our tender beef filet is wrapped with smoky bacon and pan-seared to perfection just like your favorite steakhouse!
- 2 (8-10 oz.) filet mignon (2-inches thick)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 strips thin-cut smoked bacon
- 1 T. butter
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic glaze for drizzling optional
- Bring steaks to room temperature about 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Generously season both sides of the steaks with salt and pepper. Wrap the steaks with one strip bacon and secure with a toothpick or twine.
- Place a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and olive oil; melt and swirl around the pan. Add the steaks to the pan; sear 1-½ minutes on both sides.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven to finish cooking. For medium-rare, cook 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 135-140 degrees in the thickest part of the steak.
- Carefully remove the skillet from the oven, transfer steaks to a plate. Loosely cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes. Remove toothpicks or twine from steaks and serve with a drizzle of balsamic glaze if desired.