Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped with bacon, then grilled to perfection!
- 6 fresh jalapeno peppers halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese softened
- 6 thin slices bacon cut in half
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat or preheat oven to broil.
- Using gloves, slice jalapenos in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scrape out seeds and membranes.
- Fill jalapeno halves with cream cheese. Wrap with a half slice of bacon. Secure with a toothpick. Place in the freezer for about 15 minutes. Place on the grill, and cook until bacon is crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Alternately, broil in an oven until bacon is crispy and jalapenos begin to brown, about 8-10 minutes.
Cook's Notes: Try adding some ranch dip mix, chipotle seasoning, or garlic powder to the cream cheese for extra flavor.