Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
I've combined lean ground beef and sausage wrapped it in bacon and smothered it with BBQ sauce for the tastiest meatloaf you've ever had! Makes an awesome sandwich the next day!
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 lb. Jimmy Dean sausage
- 1 c. Italian bread crumbs
- 1 c. Parmesan cheese
- 1 c. milk
- 3 lg. eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 c. flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 10-12 thin sliced bacon
- Your Favorite BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of a broiler pan with foil.
- Place the ground beef, sausage, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, milk, eggs, parsley, salt, and black pepper, in a large mixing bowl. With clean hands, gently mix the ingredients until well combined.
- Form the mixture into a loaf shape on top of the prepared broiler pan, this will allow the fat to drain off.
- On a piece of wax paper, weave the bacon. Quickly flip the bacon over the top of the meatloaf, tucking the edges underneath. Brush your favorite BBQ sauce over the bacon.
- Bake for 1 hour, then brush more sauce over the top. Bake for an additional 15 minutes. (Sometimes, I turn the oven up to broil the top for a few minutes, watch closely, so the meatloaf doesn't burn.) Remove from the oven and loosely tent with foil; allow the meatloaf to rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice and serve with more sauce if desired.