Baked Potato Soup
If you like loaded baked potatoes, then you'll love our baked potato soup topped with all your favorite fixin's like sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, and chopped green onions, Enjoy!
- 2 lg. potatoes baked and diced
- 3 T. butter
- 1 c. diced yellow onions
- 2 T. all-purpose flour
- 4 c. chicken stock
- 2 c. water
- 1/4 c. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 c. leftover mashed potatoes or instant mashed potatoes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/8 tsp. thyme
- 1 c. half and half
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Crumbled bacon
- Chopped green onions
- Sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour or until done, set aside to cool.
- As the potatoes cool, prepare soup by melting butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Sauté onions until tender and translucent. Add flour to the onions, stirring to make a roux.
- Add stock, water, cornstarch, instant mashed potatoes, and spices to the pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Peel and dice the potatoes into 1/2-inch chunks and discard the skins.
- Add the diced baked potatoes and half-and-half to the pot, bring the soup back to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer the soup for another 15 minutes or until it is thick.
- Ladle soup into bowls, top with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, and chopped green onions.
Speak Your Mind