Baked Potato Soup
Do you like loaded baked potatoes? Then you'll LOVE our baked potato soup topped with all your favorite fixin's like sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon and chopped green onions....Enjoy!
- 2 lg. potatoes baked and diced
- 3 T. butter
- 1 c. diced onions
- 2 T. all-purpose flour
- 4 c. chicken stock
- 2 c. water
- 1/4 c. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 c. leftover mashed potatoes or instant mashed potatoes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/8 tsp. thyme
- 1 c. half and half
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Crumbled bacon
- Chopped green onions
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour or until done, set aside to cool.
- As potatoes cool, prepare soup by melting butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Sauté onions until tender and translucent. Add flour to the onions, stir to make a roux.
- Add stock, water, cornstarch, instant mashed potatoes, and spices to the pot, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Peel and dice potatoes into 1/2-inch chunks. Discard skins.
- Add diced baked potatoes and half-and-half to the pot, bring soup back to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer the soup for another 15 minutes or until it is thick.
- Ladle soup into bowls, top with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon and chopped green onions.