Bananas Foster Pancakes
Our famous buttermilk pancakes topped with a heavenly Bananas Foster sauce, chopped pecans and vanilla ice cream!
- BUTTERMILK PANCAKES:
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 T. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 c. buttermilk
- 1/4 c. butter melted
- 2 lg. eggs
- 1/2 tsp. almond or vanilla extract
- BANANAS FOSTER:
- 3 1/2 T. dark rum
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. dark brown sugar
- 1 T. molasses
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter
- 4 lg. bananas peeled & sliced
- 1/4 c. chopped pecans optional
- 1 pint Vanilla ice cream
- BUTTERMILK PANCAKES: In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together buttermilk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla. Pour egg mixture into flour mixture, whisk until just combined.
- Ladle 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot buttered skillet; cook until bubbly. Flip and cook until golden brown on the bottom. Keep pancakes warm.
- BANANAS FOSTER: In a large skillet, combine the rum, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Bring to simmer; stir to dissolve the brown sugar.
- Add butter stirring until melted. Remove from heat, toss in sliced bananas; stir about 1 minute, until the caramel is smooth and the bananas are warm.
- Serve Bananas Foster immediately over pancakes with chopped pecans if using, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.