Basil Pesto Pasta Salad
The perfect summer salad with spiral pasta, fresh basil pesto, black olives, cherry tomatoes, and pine nuts!
- 1 (16 oz.) box rotini pasta
- 1 c. fresh basil pesto see note below
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 (6 oz.) can black olives sliced
- 1 (12 oz.) cont. cherry tomatoes grape tomatoes, halved
- Several fresh basil leaves coarsely chopped
- 1/4 c. pine nuts
- 1/2 c. shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions, cook until al dente. Remove pasta from the heat and strain.
- Pour pasta into a big mixing bowl. Stir in fresh basil pesto and olive oil. Gently toss in olives, cherry tomatoes, basil leaves, pine nuts and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill or serve at room temperature.
- Cook's Note: Optional additions - 1 cup frozen peas, sundried tomatoes instead of cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup green onions or snow peas.
Homemade "Basil Pesto" recipe: http://www.cookingmamas.com/basil-pesto