Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Tender sirloin, fresh broccoli, onion, and ginger, tossed in a delicious Asian sauce. Fast food that’s nutritious and delicious!
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1 T. dark brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 T. vegetable oil divided
- 2 lbs. top sirloin, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 med. onion thinly sliced
- 2 med. heads broccoli cut into florets
- 2 tsp. fresh grated gingerroot
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, lemon juice, cornstarch, brown sugar, garlic and pepper, set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add beef and stir until almost cooked through, about 2 minutes. Transfer beef to a plate and cover to keep warm. Heat remaining oil in skillet, add onion and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Cut broccoli into florets (should yield about 4 cups) and add to skillet with 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Return beef to skillet with soy sauce mixture, add ginger. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes. Serve over white rice or egg noodles.