Top with strawberries and whipped cream.
Servings: 8 -10 waffles
- 3 c. warm milk
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 c. butter melted
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 egg whites
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk.
- Whisk in melted butter, sugar, vanilla, salt and flour. Cover and let rise 1-1/2 hours.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg white until stiff, then fold into the batter.
- Cook in a Belgian waffle iron (according to manufacturer's instructions) until crisp.
- Top with strawberries and whipped cream.