Best Ever Bread and Butter Pickles
Great for sandwiches, relish or straight out of the jar!
Servings: 8 pints
- 1 gal. cucumbers sliced
- 3 med. yellow onions sliced
- 1/2 c. salt
- SYRUP :
- 1 T. whole mustard seed
- 1 T. celery seed
- 1 T. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 6 c. granulated sugar
- 1 qt. cider vinegar
- Slice cucumbers and onions, let stand 1 hour in ½ cup salt.
- Rinse off salt and place cucumbers and onions into sterilized jars.
- In a large stainless steel pot, bring syrup to a boil. Gently pour hot syrup over cucumbers and onions, leaving a ½ inch head space.
- Place lids over jars and seal, process for 5 minutes in a hot water bath.