Blackberry Dump Cake
How easy is this? Simply dump everything into a cake pan and bake!
- 4 c. fresh blackberries or frozen berries, thawed
- 1 (3 oz.) box blackberry gelatin or raspberry gelatin
- 1/3 c. granulated sugar
- 1 (16 oz.) box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 c. butter melted
- 1/2 c water
- 1/4 c. chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread berries into the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle dry gelatin and sugar over the berries.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the gelatin and sugar.
- Pour the melted butter over the cake mix and then slowly add the water. Sprinkle nuts over all.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and bubbly. Test the cake with a toothpick until it comes out clean.
- Let cool before serving. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.