Blistered Tomato Ricotta Crostini
Toasted French bread topped with creamy herbed ricotta cheese, blistered tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and fresh basil ribbons!
Servings: 10 crostini
- 1 loaf French baguette sliced into rounds
- 1 c. ricotta cheese
- 1/2 c. basil finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 (10.5 oz.) cont. grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Aged balsamic vinegar for drizzling
- fresh basil ribbons for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Slice the baguette into rounds and place on a baking sheet. Toast until crisp, about 3 minutes; flip to crisp on the other side about 3 minutes more. Remove from the oven; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, chopped basil and crushed red pepper flakes; season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper. Taste then re-season if needed.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring often, until blistered. Add minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly for 60 seconds; season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Slather the ricotta mixture over the toast then spoon the tomato mixture on top. Drizzle with good quality balsamic vinegar. Top with fresh basil ribbons and serve immediately. Enjoy!