Our crisp is loaded with fresh blueberries and topped with an irresistable crumble. Serve warm with a big ol' scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- FILLING :
- 1/3 c. granulated sugar
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 3 pints fresh blueberries
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- TOPPING :
- 3/4 c. old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 c. brown sugar packed
- 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 T. butter or margarine cut up
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- FILLING: In large bowl, stir granulated sugar and cornstarch until blended. Add blueberries and lemon juice; toss to coat. Pour blueberry mixture into shallow 2 1/2-quart glass or ceramic baking dish; spread evenly.
- TOPPING: In same bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. With fingertips, work in butter until coarse crumbs form. Press crumb mixture together and sprinkle on top of blueberry mixture.
- Bake crisp 35 to 40 minutes or until top is browned and fruit is bubbling at edge. Cool on wire rack 1 hour to serve warm, or cool completely to serve later.