Our delicious blueberry sorbet with a hint of lemon is so refreshing on a hot summer’s day! You can make with or without an ice cream maker!
Servings: 1 quart
- 2/3 c. granulated sugar
- 3/4 c. water
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. frozen blueberries unsweetened
- 2 1/2 T. lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water. Cook over low heat until sugar is dissolved; cool.
- Place berries in a blender or food processor. Pour cooled simple syrup (sugar-water) and lemon juice over the berries and purée.
- Pour mixture into the canister of an ice cream maker. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Mine took 25 minutes.
- Cook’s Note: Most sorbets are strained to remove any skin or seeds from fruit. This is totally optional as the blueberry skins add flavor and texture to the sorbet.
- Don’t have an ice cream maker, no problem, simply transfer blueberry sorbet purée to an air-tight container and freeze for a couple hours.
- Fresh blueberries may be substituted for frozen.