Blueberry Streusel Muffins
Bakery-style muffins, bursting with fresh blueberries, topped with a delicious cinnamon streusel. What a great way to start your morning!
Servings: 1 dozen
- BLUEBERRY MUFFINS:
- 1/4 c. butter softened
- 1/3 c. granulated sugar
- 1 lg. egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. milk
- 1 1/2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 c. cold butter cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease or paper-line 12 muffin cups.
- BLUEBERRY MUFFINS: In a large bowl, cream softened butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Fold in blueberries. (If using frozen berries, do not un-thaw or they will turn the batter blue.) Fill 12 prepared muffin cups two-thirds full.
- STREUSEL: In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm.