Bok Choy Soup
Recipe by Monica Wofford-Andres - This truly is "Soup for the Soul." If you're feeling under the weather or just want a GREAT tasting soup, then try this delicious Asian inspired soup with chicken, rice and Bok Choy!
- 3 lg. stalks Bok Choy washed, separated and chopped
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 c. diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 knob fresh ginger peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 5-6 c. water
- 5 T. chicken bouillon crystals or 5-7 bouillon cubes
- 1 c. diced carrots
- hot cooked rice for serving, if desired
- Wash Bok Choy, separate dark greens from white stalks and cut both into bite size pieces; set aside.
- In a large stock pot, over medium heat, add olive oil. Sauté onions, garlic and ginger.
- Add chicken, brown on each side. Cover with 5-6 cups water and add bouillon, bring to a boil reduce heat and simmer for about 45-minutes to an hour. Skim off foam with a spoon and discard.
- Add Bok Choy dark greens and carrots, cook for about 20 minutes. Add Bok Choy white stalks, boil for another 10 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired.
You can easily substitute chicken broth or stock for water and chicken bouillon.