Bountiful Blessings Mix
These festive Thanksgiving favors are easy to make and fun to eat. Share with family and friends, decorated with a harvest poem, to remind us of our nation's blessings.
Servings: 10 cups
- 2 c. Bugles corn snack
- 2 c. pretzels
- 1 c. Candy corns
- 1 c. raisins or dried fruit bits
- 1 c. peanuts or sunflower seeds
- 1 c. M&M chocolate candies
- 2 c. Hershey's chocolate kisses
- In a large bowl, gently toss all of the ingredients together.
- Place snack mix into my sister's cute gift bags, jars, zip-lock or cellophane bags for gift giving. Tie with a ribbon and attach the following tag, if desired.
- BOUNTIFUL BLESSINGS POEM:
- BUGLES: Shaped like a cornucopia or Horn of Plenty, a symbol of our nation's abundance.
- PRETZELS: Arms folded in prayer, a freedom sought by those who founded our country.
- CANDY CORN: Sacrifices of the Pilgrims' first winter. Food was so scarce that settlers survived on just a few kernels of corn a day.
- NUTS or SEEDS: Promise of a future harvest, one we will reap only if seeds are planted and tended with diligence.
- DRIED FRUITS: Harvest gifts of our bountiful land.
- M&Ms: Memories of those who came before us to guide us to a blessed future.
- HERSHEY'S KISS: The love of family and friends that sweetens our lives.
Bountiful Blessings Gift Bags and Tags designed by my sister Cheryl can be found on her website: Raggedy Scrappin