Bow Tie Pasta Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
A light, bright healthy pasta salad loaded with fresh corn, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and avocado tossed in a cool cilantro-lime dressing! Perfect for a potluck, picnic, or backyard barbeque!
- CILANTRO LIME DRESSING:
- 1/2 c. Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 c. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 c. cilantro leaves
- 2 sm. cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8-1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 8 oz. Farfalle pasta (bow-tie pasta)
- 1 1/2 c. fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 c. sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 sm. red onion diced
- 2 T. chopped cilantro leaves
- 1-2 avocados peeled and diced
- Crumbled cotija cheese for serving, optional
- CILANTRO LIME DRESSING: Add all ingredients to a food processor fitted with an S-shaped chopping blade and blend until smooth. Pour dressing into a small bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- SALAD: Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain, and cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine cooled pasta, corn, cherry tomatoes, red onion, cilantro. Add desired amount of dressing, toss to coat. Stir in avocados just before serving. Serve cotija cheese on the side for topping individual servings if desired.
Slightly adapted from Kalefornia Kravings