Breakfast Fried Rice
An awesome breakfast version of fried rice with bacon, eggs and scallions, it’s absolutely delicious!
- FRIED RICE:
- 1/2 lb. bacon sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 sm. onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 c. cooked white rice
- 3 scallions chopped
- 2 T. low sodium soy sauce
- pepper to taste
- SCRAMBLED EGGS:
- 1 T. unsalted butter
- 4 lg. eggs lightly beaten
- 1 T. milk
- FRIED RICE: Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp and golden brown. Remove bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to drain, reserve drippings.
- To the same skillet, add diced onion and minced garlic; sauté in the drippings until translucent, about 1 minute.
- Stir in cooked white rice, bacon, chopped scallions and soy sauce, season with black pepper to taste; set aside.
- EGGS: In a separate skillet over medium heat melt butter. Whisk together the eggs and milk. Pour into the pan and cook, stirring occasionally until set and no longer runny. Gently stir eggs into the rice mixture. Alternately, you could fry your eggs and place over the fried rice bowl.
- Serve fried rice in bowls garnished with scallions if desired.