Pizza for breakfast? Why not? Homemade OR store bought pizza crust, topped with crispy bacon, eggs, green onions, tomato and cheese, served piping hot from your own oven!
- 1 lb. refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 1/2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1/3 c. sliced green onions divided
- 1 plum tomato sliced
- 6 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 4 eggs
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Pat and stretch dough into 14x6-inch rustic rectangle on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray; brush with oil.
- Top with 1 cup cheese and half the onions, leaving 4 (3-inch) areas of dough un-topped. (Eggs will be added here.)
- Crack eggs, 1 at a time, into small bowl, then slip onto dough. Top dough with tomatoes, bacon, remaining cheese and onions, being careful to avoid topping the eggs.
- Bake 23 to 25 min. or until crust is golden brown and eggs are done.
- Cook's Note: When adding eggs to a recipe, break them, one at a time, into a small bowl before adding to the other ingredients. This is not only an easy way to add eggs gradually but also lets you check the egg's quality first and remove any pieces of shell.