Broccoli Bacon & Grape Pasta Salad
Bow-tie pasta, broccoli florets, crispy bacon, red grapes, onion, and toasted pecans, come together to make one beautiful salad!
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans toasted
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- 1 sm. head broccoli
- 2 c. red seedless grapes halved
- 1/2 c. diced red onion
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1/3 c. granulated sugar
- 1/3 c. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake pecans in a single layer on a sheet pan for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Set aside to cool.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Meanwhile, cut broccoli florets from stems, and separate florets into small pieces using the tip of a paring knife. Peel away tough outer layer of stems, and finely chop stems. Slice grapes in half and dice the onion. Place cut vegetables and fruit into a large bowl. Add hot cooked pasta.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, red wine vinegar, and salt. Pour dressing over pasta and veggies, toss to coat. Cover and chill for 3 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in cooked bacon and toasted pecans.
- Cook's Note: You can substitute sesame seeds or slivered almonds for pecan if desired.