Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies
Soft, chewy, pecan cookies topped with brown sugar frosting.
Servings: 36 cookies
- PECAN COOKIES:
- 1 c. butter softened
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar packed
- 1 lg. egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans
- 36 pecan halves or chopped pecans, for decorating
- BROWN SUGAR FROSTING:
- 1 1/2 c. confectioner's sugar sifted
- 1 c. brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 T. butter softened
- COOKIES: In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugars, until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, beat until combined. Stir in a 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or more.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, shape cookie dough into 1-inch balls and place 2-inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes or until set and lightly brown around the edges. Cool before frosting.
- FROSTING: Sift confectioner's sugar into a large bowl; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, bring brown sugar and cream to a boil. Boil 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Pour brown sugar mixture over confectioners' sugar, beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Immediately spread each cookie with about 1 tablespoon of frosting, and top with a pecan or chopped pecans. Let frosting set before storing.