Brownie Batter Pancakes
Who wants dessert for breakfast? I do, I do!
Servings: 12 pancakes
- 1 1/2 c. Bisquick Heart Smart baking mix
- 1 c. brownie mix
- 1 c. milk
- 2 lg. eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- MIX-INS: optional
- 1 c. mini chocolate chips (semi-sweet, white chocolate or mint)
- 1 c. chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 c. shredded coconut
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE :
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- 3 T. milk
- TOPPINGS :
- Chocolate Ganache or chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat griddle to 350 degrees OR a skillet over medium-high heat; spray with cooking spray or grease with butter. (The griddle or skillet is ready when a few drops of water sprinkled on it dance and disappear.)
- PANCAKES: In medium bowl, using a wood spoon, stir together pancakes ingredients and your choice of mix-ins until it just comes together; do not over mix!
- Pour by 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until golden browned on the other side.
- Stack pancakes on individual serving plates. Top each serving with Chocolate Ganache or chocolate syrup, whipped cream and sprinkles.
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE: Place chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds; Stir with a spoon. Repeat every 15 seconds until the chocolate has melted and no longer has lumps. Stir in milk until a smooth and creamy sauce has formed. Serve over pancakes.