Move over S'mores, there's a new campfire treat in town!
Servings: 4 Eclairs
- 3/4 or 1 inch wood dowels from the hardware store
- Non-stick aluminum foil
- 1 tube refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2 Snack Pack pudding cups vanilla or chocolate
- 1 tub chocolate flavored frosting
- 1 can spray whipped cream
- Tightly wrap the end of your wood dowel with non-stick foil OR wrap with foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut and wrap the dough (about 4-inches) around the foil end of your dowel, making sure it's not too thick and doesn't have any gaps or holes.
- Hold it over the coals or above the flames (not in the flames), rotating until it is golden brown (not doughy) on all sides. Be patient this takes some time.
- When it is golden brown on all sides, let it cool slightly. When cool enough to touch, gently slide the eclair shell off the end of the stick. Place the shells on cutting board to cool.
- Carefully spoon or pipe (using a Ziploc bag with the corner snipped off) pudding into shells.
- Spread a generous amount of chocolate frosting over the top of the eclair and spray with whipped cream. Now devour!
- Cook Note: We bought a 4 foot dowel, and cut it into four 12-inch pieces, then drilled a hole in one end and attached them to our metal hot dog roasting sticks!