Cantaloupe Soup Bowls
Beat the heat with our chilled cantaloupe soup! A delightful blend of cantaloupe, pineapple, lime, mint and creamy low-fat vanilla yogurt, served in a cantaloupe bowl.
- 3 med. cantaloupe cut in half and seeded
- 1/2 c. pineapple juice
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- 1 c. low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 T. honey
- 2 T. fresh mint chopped
- Mint sprigs for garnish
- Using a sharp knife, cut cantaloupe in half. Remove seed and discard. Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each cantaloupe half so it sits flat. With a melon baller or spoon, remove fruit from each half, leaving about an inch of cantaloupe flesh around the edges to create the cantaloupe “bowls".
- Place removed pieces of cantaloupe in blender or food processor with pineapple juice, lime juice, yogurt and honey. Cover and blend until smooth. Add mint and blend briefly.
- Ladle soup into cantaloupe bowls, garnish with fresh mint sprigs and serve.