Caprese Pasta Salad
Cavatappi pasta tossed with Italian dressing, grape tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, and basil ribbons in this deliciously easy salad.
- 1/2 lb. cavatappi pasta
- 1 (10.5 oz.) pkg. grape or cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 (8 oz.) cont. fresh Ciliegine (cherry-size mozzarella balls) drained
- 10-15 lg. basil leaves chiffonade
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 c. Italian dressing (I used Zesty Italian)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil pasta according to package directions, drain and cool; place in a large bowl.
- Slice tomatoes in half and add to the bowl.
- Drain the fresh mozzarella cheese of all liquid and add to the bowl.
- Stack the basil leaves, rolling them tightly, then thinly slice them into strips, this is called chiffonade. Add basil ribbons to the bowl.
- Mince the garlic and add to the bowl.
- Pour dressing over all, and gently toss everything together. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep cold in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Add more dressing if needed before serving.