Caramel Apple Pie Cookies
These adorable cookies resemble mini apple pies. A wonderful addition to your cookie collection!
Servings: 14 cookies
- 1 (14.1 oz.) pkg. Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust
- 1 sm. jar caramel sauce
- 1 (20 oz.) can apple pie filling
- 1 lg. egg lightly beaten
- CINNAMON SUGAR:
- 2 T. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slowly and gently unroll one pie crust, place on a lightly floured work surface. Roll out the dough a little bit to slightly increase the surface area. Spread a thin layer of caramel sauce over the crust, about 2 tablespoons.
- On a clean cutting board, dice up the apple pie pieces. Spread some of the apple pie filling over the caramel sauce.
- You don't need the whole can. Use more apples than filling.
- Lightly flour a large piece of parchment paper, roll out the second pie crust slightly as before. Use either a pastry cutter or a knife to cut 1/2-inch wide strips.
- Weave the strips to make a lattice top for the cookies.
- Gently lift the parchment paper and slide the lattice top over the filling.
- Brush a little of the egg wash across the strips on the cookies and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Using a 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter, cut out the caramel apple pie cookies, you should end up with 14 cookies. Use a thin spatula to carefully transfer the cookies to the prepared baking sheets. (7 per sheet)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Don’t forget to bake up the leftover scraps, too!